Easter weekend is here and this Royal Easter Biscuits recipe from Buckingham Palace will have you hopping with happiness!
Ready, set, bake! The Royal pastry chefs share their 'Spiced Easter Biscuits' recipe to enjoy over the Easter weekend.
- 350g plain flour
- 5g bicarbonate of soda
- 10g ground ginger
- 5g cinnamon
- 125g unsalted butter
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 60g golden syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 600g icing sugar
- Food colouring of your choice!
- Preheat the oven to 170 C // 340 F
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices in a bowl
- Add the diced butter and mix until a crumb texture
- Add the sugar
- Once all of the above is combined, add the egg and golden syrup
- Mix until a dough is formed
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 5mm
- Use biscuit cutters or a paper pattern to cut into desired shape
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick mat, or parchment paper and bake on the middle shelf for 12-15 minutes
- Bake until the biscuits maintain their shape when touched and are golden in colour
- Cool completely before icing
- Add 1 egg white to 600g of icing sugar and beat until smooth
- The icing should pipe smoothly and be able to hold when piped as a line
- To cover all the biscuits with icing add extra egg white to thin the mixture
- Decorate and enjoy!