Queen Elizabeth was forced to pull out of the Remembrance Sunday service yesterday
Yesterday saw the Remembrance Sunday service held at the Cenotaph.
The all-day affair saw hundreds of former and current military personnel march to the Cenotaph and pay their respects to all of those who have lost their lives in battle for the British military.
This news will not come as a surprise to many, as Queen Elizabeth has reportedly been struggling with her health as of late.
While the Queen was expected to attend the Remembrance Day ceremony, Buckingham Palace released a statement on her behalf detailing how disappointed she was to be missing the event again.
As in previous years, a wreath was laid on her behalf by the Prince of Wales.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: "The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today's Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph. Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service."
Following Queen Elizabeth falling ill in October, doctors had advised the monarch to rest until mid-November. The Palace had insisted that the Queen would be well enough to attend the Remembrance Sunday service, so this is particularly unfortunate timing.
The Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and The Princess Royal also still attended as planned in what was the first 'full scale' Remembrance Sunday service since the pandemic started.
At his Downing Street news conference on the COP climate deal, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he had an audience with Her Majesty last week, and "she is very well".
Queen Elizabeth II missed the Remembrance Sunday service in central London after spraining her back, Buckingham Palace said.https://t.co/RnNz8ikNjh— CNN (@CNN) November 14, 2021